The network of the Nova Scotia C@P Program that represents Victoria County is The Victoria County CAP Sites Association (VCCAPS).
Ongoing training opportunities are available for adults and seniors. For more information or to register, email Donna MacDonald, Regional C@P Coordinator 902-725-2760 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Training Opportunities: learn, at your own pace, how to use your computer or laptop that is running Windows 7 or 8 or Mac operation system.
Mobile Technology Training Opportunities: This program delivers practical training on how to use tablets (iPad, Android) and other mobile technologies.
Outreach Computer/Mobile Technology Training Opportunities: Outreach training may take place at your home or arrangements will be made to meet at one of the local C@P Sites or C@P-Partner meeting places.
Set up your appointment or learn more – contact Donna MacDonald, C@P Coordinator- 902-725-2760 (Monday – Friday 8am-3pm) email@example.com.
Training topics available (but not limited to):
- Basic & Intermediate Computer – includes laptops, Windows 7 and Windows 8, & Mac
- Mobile Technology: tablets (iPad, Android), mobile phones, etc
- Group or individual training sessions available on various topics
- Email – Gmail, Outlook (Hotmail), iCloud, etc
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Blogging
- Word Processing – Word, Open Office – Excel (spreadsheets)
- Cloud Computing
- Online Meetings
- Desktop Publishing (newsletters, posters, etc)
- Working with Photos – Resizing, editing, etc
- File & Archival Management
Small Business & Organization Assistance: does your small business or organization need help figuring out social media applications, creating a free website, or learning how to utilize cloud computing?
- Contact for assistance
- Access and navigation assistance to Canada Revenue Agencies e-services
- Information on how online meetings work
- Utilizing Cloud Computing applications like Google, Windows, iCloud
Multimedia and Content Archiving Training: individuals or groups who are interested in digitizing documents and/or photos. Or perhaps you just want us to do the work for you!
- Creating videos and slideshows.
- Learning hot to use multimedia to archive collections of documents and videos and images
- Will archive and digitize collections for individuals and groups (charge will apply)
- Will electronically preserve oral history & heritage for individuals and groups (charge will apply)